[ba-ohs-talk] Re: [unrev-II] Web-based IBIS

At 5:40 PM -0500 11/12/01, albert.m.selvin@verizon.com wrote:
>Just took a look at Eugene Eric Kim's web IBIS interface (an example at
>
><http://www.eekim.com/ohs/lc/dialogmaps/ohs-lc.html#nid4001>http://www.eekim.com/ohs/lc/dialogmaps/ohs-lc.html#nid4001
>).
>

>The Mifflin tool currently creates graphical IBIS HTML maps as an export
>function. It adds some metadata and transclusions ('containing views'), as
>well as icons, to what the above example shows, as well as some other
>features. It could easily be adapted to contain 'purple numbers' as well.
>
>I bring this up here because we are very interested in gluing such exports
>into existing 'live' web-based systems that would allow IBIS discussions
>originally generated in a f2f session, as most Mifflin/Compendium maps are,
>to continue in an on-line format (and vice versa -- gluing web-based
>discussions into the Mifflin f2f format).
>
>Is this system a possibility? Any others come to mind?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Al    (01)

so... the current D3E discussion on Peter's GUI design principles:    (02)

<http://otis.open.ac.uk/ubiq/d3e_discussion.php?url=www.concept67.fsnet.co.uk/dialogic/gui/index.htm&f=44>http://otis.open.ac.uk/ubiq/d3e_discussion.php?url=www.concept67.fsnet.co.uk/dialogic/gui/index.htm&f=44    (03)

would be imported back into a dialogue map such as:    (04)

http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/sbs/compendium/d3e2mifflin.jpg    (05)

(to knock this up I just pasted the discussion into Word, then
exported to Mifflin. DB integration is obviously the way to do it
properly. For instance a draft Compendium DTD for IBIS maps plus
Compendium extensions is at
http://d3e.open.ac.uk/compendium/01/comp-dtd-v1/comp-dtd-v1-t.html)    (06)

This gives us a nice cycle from sync discussion (using dialog
mapping), exported to the web for contrinued async discussion (web
threads), then imported back into a dialogue map for consolidation,
etc.    (07)

Simon    (08)