Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Re: [unrev-II] Web-based IBIS

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 albert.m.selvin@verizon.com wrote:    (01)

> - as a complement to perlIBIS, we have a VBA tool that creates MS-Word and
> HTML output from QuestMap exports; it can (and has) also been adapted to
> produce a wide range of custom output in all sorts of document, diagram,
> and other format (disclaimer: I wrote most of it, and I'm not a programmer
> :-)  )    (02)

This is great; I have to admit that the UI for perlIBIS is not too
friendly.  Is there a URL for your VBA tool?    (03)

> - the Mifflin tool is currently available for licensing. Non-profit
> insitutions can get a research agreement that allows them unlimited use;
> commercial institutions can get a free trial. Please email me with your
> name, title, institution, mailing address, and phone/fax info if you are
> interested and we'll send you an agreement to sign. Disclaimers: the
> software and documentation are in an as-is state, as there hasn't been
> active development in the last year or so; also, we don't have a staff to
> process these requests, so it can take a fair amount of time to push the
> paperwork through.    (04)

This is fantastic.  Question for Albert: If BA (which is 501(c)3) signed a
research agreement, could it apply to the people on this list?  Question
for everyone else: Is anyone else interested in getting their hands on
Mifflin?    (05)

If the answers to the above questions are yes and yes, I can look into BA
signing a research agreement.  Let me know what you all think.    (06)

-Eugene    (07)

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
|       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |