Re: [ba-ohs-talk] backlink database data

On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Sheldon Brahms wrote:    (01)

> What about a filter to exclude what is below the sig line?  That data should
> usually be reasonably redundant and unrelated to the body text.    (02)

A very good thought, and should be fairly easy to do.  Won't solve
everything, though.  Some people don't follow the convention of "--"
preceding a .signature.    (03)

Another subproject that's been on my list for a long time is to write a
good algorithm for identifying quoted text in e-mail.  If you look at the
archives for unrev-ii, you'll see that there are all sorts of ugly
conventions for quoting text.  I'd want the algorithm to be about 95%
successful to be happy.  That would lead directly to another subproject,
which would be to replace quoted text in e-mails with transclusions.    (04)

-Eugene    (05)

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
|       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |