[ba-ohs-talk] Webrings dying?

http://salon.com/tech/feature/2001/12/05/webring/index.html    (01)

"Today, WebRing once again has the chance to try to make it as an
independent, guided by the members of its community. In mid-October, Yahoo
sold WebRing to Tim Killeen, one of the early engineers who'd worked on the
system. It seemed like a happy ending made for the Net: WebRing comes full
circle!    (02)

But some ringmasters wish that the whole system had been put out of its
misery: "Personally, I wish WebRing had just died. I think it's been
decaying for quite some time and I don't see that it's going to be
recovered," says Lowe."    (03)