Re: [ba-ohs-talk] DKR Progress, backlink database data

> > Question: what is a link?
> > Question: what is context?
> > Question: when do links define context?
> > Question: when do links need context?
> >
> > Jack    (01)

Rather than giving any names to anything I am just thinking about
the process. Again, using this .sig discussion as an example,
then the goal is to derive a set of rules about what to do
with data/information as it is introduced to the community
as a question or problem then evolved to predictable guidlines
used by the community. As the steps are defined, then the user
wants to go to a central place to get the refined trusted info then
use it. Of course we must be able to trace back to all the original
links to rederive the info if desired.     (02)

These steps of evolving the info means someone does some work.
In the experience/learning/knowledge model this means
some trusted agent picks the good stuff from experience,
condenses it to a form that allows the community to learn
about it, then at some point might codify as a set of rules that
inform and define how sigs are handled. Finally, someone
tries to use this guidance in order to make sure that the sig
they use actually has some value in the discussion.     (03)

So if in a year or so I want to find out how sigs or backlinks
are used, I might look in an official document that tells me
the exact rules, study some tutorial information that helps me
use sigs effectively in the environment, then finally, look back
and find this note. And all the way, there is a relationship
between sigs and backlinks. But that's the work and leadership
in the process comes in - someone attempting to extract and
evolve some concise reference from the original input. In that
experience/learning/knowledge model, this kind of work is the
only way info can move from one level to another.      (04)

Thank You and Best Regards,
Joe    (05)