Re: [ba-ohs-talk] backlink database data

* Eugene Kim <eekim@eekim.com> [011208 11:08]:
> [...]
> Here is my roadmap for further developing this feature:
>
> 1. People on ba-ohs-talk build useful front-ends to this data.  In the
> process of doing this, people make useful suggestions as to what other
> metadata need be stored in the file.
> [...]    (01)

Eugene,    (02)

Another reference that would be excellent to collect would be the
In-Reply-To message IDs.  This may get more involved, but it's what my
email reader (mutt) uses to thread message displays by default.  Mutt
even has some heuristics to show me (in the latest version) duplicate
copies of messages and possible thread references when the In-Reply-To
is omitted.      (03)

Some mailers don't include them and they aren't full URLs, but I feel
they are intrinsic to email.  They were designed as references or
"relations" between email, so we should use them if we can.    (04)

--
-- Grant Bowman                                   <grantbow@svpal.org>    (05)