Re: [ba-ohs-talk] bootstrap list message content & purple numbers

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Peter  Jones wrote:    (01)

> Have you got a version with lots of documentation? (I hate reading
> unannotated perl ;-)    (02)

*laugh*  Not lots, but some.  Tell you what.  When I release the code, you
look at it.  If something is nonobvious, ask about it here, and I'll
explain it.  If my explanations are any good, I'll insert them into the
code.  It's documentation-by-interrogation. :-)    (03)

> No, I'm suggesting that if you replace the > characters with something that
> is inert with respect to the purple numbering processing (maybe some nifty
> CSS styling indicator wrapped around each quoted line - maybe with a colour
> change for the background (?)) then separate paragraphs will be numbered
> nice and neatly and it will display well too.    (04)

Gotcha.  Sure, could be done.  But it would be low on my priority list.
In my experience using purple numbers with e-mail, I have not once
found the need to address a quoted excerpt.  Because I have not needed the
purple numbers associated with quoted text, implementing this feature
wouldn't be of any benefit to me.  However, I'm certainly open to contrary
experiences suggesting otherwise.    (05)

-Eugene    (06)

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
|       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |