Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Facilitated Evolution: Agile software development

But wait....there's more.
http://www.martinfowler.com/articles/newMethodology.html
Martin Fowler again.  He's the same fellow that brought you continuous
integration, a previous post of mine.    (01)

"...in fact the source code is a design document and that the construction
phase is actually the use of the compiler and linker. Indeed anything that
you can treat as construction can and should be automated.
This thinking leads to some important conclusions:
·       In software: construction is so cheap as to be free
·       In software all the effort is design, and thus requires creative
and talented people
·       Creative processes are not easily planned, and so predictability
may well be an impossible target.
·       We should be very wary of the traditional engineering metaphor for
building software. It's a different kind of activity and requires a
different process "    (02)