[ba-ohs-talk] Art and Culture Enable a Culture of Knowledge

Alex,    (01)

Took a look at the link in your letter below, and it seems to ask for ideas on
organizing the record in order to work "intelligently."  The following comment
was contributed to the discussion you started at that location....    (02)

Working intelligently requires technology to create and maintain organizational
memory with organic structures that convert information into knowledge.  As you
point out, a taxonomy, or ontology, of subjects is needed, which is more art
than science, leading to the proposition that moving civilization beyond
information technology requires a culture of knowledge that synthesizes art and
science.      (03)

Many people report SDS is effective for organizing the record, as seen, for
example, on 010916....    (04)

http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/01/09/16/190429.HTM#L7714    (05)

....noting "amazing memory," which is only possible with an organizing
methodology and technology to support it.    (06)

While organizing the record effectively and continuously to manage the garden of
knowledge is indeed a big challenge, noted, for example, on 000221....    (07)

http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/00/02/21/113701.HTM#7455    (08)

...none-the-less, given the events of 010911....    (09)

http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/01/09/11/130441.HTM#L2910    (010)

...and the collapse of the economy because too many people are having too many
problems, as evidenced by Enron's bankruptcy related in the Powers' report
reviewed on 020204....    (011)

http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/02/02/04/170105.HTM#0001    (012)

..., there seems to be no real choice, but to tackle organic subject structure.      (013)

If we want to work our way toward national security and economic health, we need
to work "intelligently," which requires organization, analysis, alignment,
summary connected to details and feedback, see POIMS....    (014)

http://www.welchco.com/03/00050/01/09/01/02/00030.HTM#0367    (015)

This is disagreeable to many because organizational memory reduces deniability,
and so seems to increase accountability.  The nice thing about intelligence,
apart from being fun, is that, while intelligence does guarantee success, the
chances of success and getting credit for improving productivity, earnings and
stock prices, rather than being blamed for mistakes, is far greater than the
common strategy of using bad management that relies on ignorance, fear and
denial, as seen in the Enron case...    (016)

http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/02/02/04/160634.HTM#L540746    (017)

Thanks for timely reminder about the opportunity to rise above current
difficulties by application of art and culture.    (018)

Rod    (019)