Re: [ba-ohs-talk] ANN: GSIX, v0.44.

Peter Jones wrote:    (01)

> Murray,
>
> I've had a _quick_ glance at GXL.
>
> There's a lot of semantics in the markup. I prefer options if possible.
>
> GXL question:
> What's the point of chaining attr?
> <!ELEMENT attr (type?, attr*, (%val;)) >
> That's like having a separate tree spawning off everthing. Why is that
> information captured in that way and not just as part of the graph?    (02)

Dunno. I'll have a look.    (03)

> Otherwise, as far as I can tell in a hurry, the rest of the graph is just
> like the basic statement of GSIX without the power of contexts, but maybe
> I'm missing something.
> Have you managed to engineer contexts in GXL?    (04)

I'd originally planned to just glean everything from a direct
translation from CGIF to CGIF-in-XML, but lack of a data model
hampered that. Having just undergone a rather swift transition
into academia, I've not had the time to get everything up and
running in GXL, and am currently just writing translators to
and from XTM. Given that XTM has scopes (which I realize are
not contexts, but are close when used in an ontological
capacity), I'll be looking at this in the coming months.    (05)

Murray    (06)

Murray Altheim                         <mailto:m.altheim @ open.ac.uk>
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK    (07)

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu    (08)