[ba-ohs-talk] Wiki experiences?

I know a bunch of people on this list have used and/or administered Wikis.
What have your experiences (both pro and con) been with various Wikis?
(I'll summarize responses in a dialog map.)    (01)

I've used and administered TWiki (http://www.twiki.org/) and UseModWiki
(http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl).    (02)

Twiki pro:    (03)

* Lots of features.  Version control, access control, e-mail notification,
  Wiki partitioning, tables, plugins, etc.    (04)

Twiki con:    (05)

* Way, way, way too complex.  Defeats the purpose of a Wiki in the first
  place, which is supposed to be simple.  Exacerbating this problem is
  that the default templates are horrible.    (06)

UseModeWiki was originally used by Wikipedia, and I believe they spun it
off to support their own features.    (07)

Pros:    (08)

* Simple to configure and install.  Dropped it in my cgi-bin, edited a
  config file, and was off-and-running.    (09)

* Fairly featureful.  Version control.    (010)

* Fairly configurable.    (011)

No cons, although it would be nice to have access control.  Better yet, it
would be nice to have hooks to link into a site's existing version
control.  Probably easy enough to hack.    (012)

I know Chris Dent is using MoinWiki, and John Sechrest has also used and
administered Wikis.  What are your experiences?    (013)

-Eugene    (014)

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
|       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |