Re: Towards a Graph API was Re: [ba-ohs-talk] New backlink metadata; mhpurple v0.2 released

At 09:30 PM 3/4/02 -0800, you wrote:
>>Let's a design a distributed repository that all of these tools could
>>easily plug into.  This repository could store any data with a graph-like
>>data model ...
>
>That's appealing but don't underestimate the amount of work that is. We
>(R-Objects and its predecessors) started implementing a p2p distributed,
>object-oriented (as in class-association-attribute), replicated,
>schema-driven, repository almost four years ago, and now it is basically
>there and working. But it took four years and several million in funding
>went into it. And we had related experience before.    (01)

Eugene, I strongly support the idea of the creation of a distributed
repository as you specify.  In fact, I have purposely avoided implementing
any of this functionality for TouchGraph, because I assumed that it would
be best done as a separate project.    (02)

However, I also fear that an all inclusive effort would take lots of
resources, or do you have ideas for a quick solution?    (03)

--Alex    (04)