Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Re: unsubscribe from BA lists?

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Peter  Jones wrote:    (01)

> I've just had another idea. Would it be possible to create an archive of
> each month's emails, similar
> to the text files you produce at present, but as a single XHTML or
> SimpleDocBook file (or both) with the same
> purple number references in each mail as appear on the website?
> Then for each month, I could just archive the emails on my machine, and
> have an offline archive to
> index as I wished and search at will, that would also have global purple
> numbering on so other people would know what
> I was pointing at.    (02)

Sure, it would be possible.  Two solutions that work right now:    (03)

1. Download the raw archives from the web site, and archive/convert/index
them anyway you like, including mhpurple if you'd like.    (04)

2. Download the existing HTML archives using wget or curl.    (05)

-Eugene    (06)

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
|       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |