Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Learning Groove

I wasn't thinking to reply so eloquently but I must agree. I spent the
time going to the web site and investigating but was among those who
don't use the "supported OS," so it turned out to be a waste of my time.
If you want to build community, don't require us to all use one OS
unless you're only interested in creating a community of people who
only use that one OS. I use linux, Solaris, Mac OS 9 and X, all but any
of the "supported OS's." The concept of "interoperability" has been
around for a long time, why is it so ignored? The day of that dinosaur's
predominance is long past; we're caught in its grasp only now by
inertia and ignorance of the alternatives. Open systems should be a
requirement for any community efforts.    (01)

I'll pass as well.    (02)

Malcolm Dean wrote:    (03)

> Lessee now, menu items are non-functional under Opera 6.1, and only
> supported OSes come from a crowd of convicted monopolists. I'll pass,
> thanks.
>
> Malcolm Dean
>
> Los Angeles

[...]    (04)

>    (05)

>     Thanks for the message.    (06)

 >    (07)

>     If you wish to join a Groove community, see below.    (08)

Murray    (010)

Murray Altheim                         <mailto:m.altheim @ open.ac.uk>
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK    (011)

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu    (012)