Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Learning Groove

Thanks, Mark.    (01)

Also http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-07-2001/jw-0713-iw-ptop_p.html
which contains some caveats about privacy issues with Groove.    (02)

The assumption that all parties have the same underlying platform is a slap
in the users' faces. But then, I also understand that a considerable amount
of MS money has gone into Groove. As they say, "He who pays the piper ...."    (03)

Maybe, from his contacts,  John can answer the question about how well
Groove functions with W4L, the cheaper version of VMLinux. (I assume there
is an equivalent for these types of "emulators" for Mac's OS in which case a
similar question must be asked.)    (04)

The obvious answer to my initial question about whether someone is working
on an alternative  is, of course, the OHS, but it would be nice to have
something pending its arrival. For an operation ike Fleabyte it would be
nice to have an efficient, nofuss, no muss tool for co-authoring - actually,
ithere is a growing need for it at this point.    (05)

Henry    (06)

Mark Szpakowski wrote:    (07)