Re: [ba-ohs-talk] The Microsoft Assumption

On Friday, April 12, 2002, at 03:05 PM, Johannes Ernst wrote:
> Geoff Moore isn't really talking about a network effect directly -- but
> leveraging it is really his "recipe" for becoming a Gorilla -- which is
> what you and I and everyone want the companies to become that we have
> our retirements savings in.    (01)

It's worth mentioning the useful distinction he makes between a
"gorilla", which everyone likes (creates related markets), and a "pig"
(smothers markets), which no one likes. Which is the more viable ecology
(pre and post retirement)?    (02)

Ciao,
Mark    (03)