Re: [ba-ohs-talk] More bad news about the GPL License: Fwd: [Gxl] GCC Licencing and XML extracts

Many developers in the open source movement use the GNU GPL, but I am
not one of them so I can't speak for their reasons in general.  I
wrote the GPL for the free software movement, and my reasons for using
it are based on the free software movement's values.    (01)

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/pragmatic.html gives an explanation of
some of the reasons them.  Another reason is that, with the GPL,
you don't have to play catch-up with non-free improved versions of your
own program.    (02)

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html for
an explanation of the differences between the two movements.    (03)