[ba-ohs-talk] Displaying back links (for paragraphs!)

Hey, paragraphs too!  Except they don't have any system of actually labeling the paragraphs, you have to look at the code of the page (ugh).  I wonder how they would feel purple numbers, hey! maybe they could initially be hidden, but then activated by a dynamic stylesheet change.

...yet another idea for a way we could improve on the ba-ohs list archives.

--Alex

http://www.disenchanted.com/dis/linkback.html

"The paragraphs themselves can link back to you
If you have a response to a specific paragraph of an article, then adding a simple argument to the end of the link address will make that paragraph link back to you. For example, let's say you're linking to "My PC, the Teenager" and you want your response to address the second paragraph. You'd link to the Disenchanted article with this URL:
http://www.disenchanted.com/dis/technology/teenage-pc.html?ref=2
The argument "?ref=2" at the end tells our page that paragraph #2 should contain a link back to your site.

The reciprocal link to your page will actually appear in a window that pops up as the reader clicks on the marker at the end of the paragraph you're linking to."