Re: [ba-ohs-talk] More bad news about the GPL License: Fwd:[Gxl] GCC Licencing and XML extracts

Richard Stallman wrote:    (01)

> I do use the GNU GPL; what I don't do is support the open source
> movement.  It was formed in 1998 specifically to reject the idealism
> of the free software movement which I founded.  Ever since, their
> publicity has put their name on the operating system we developed, on
> the community we built, and even on our selves.  If you have seen articles
> associate me with "open source", that is the reason why.
>
> Please see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html
> for a full explanation.    (02)

Well, that was interesting reading with respect to who said what, on which
subjects, and when. But I didn't see a clear definition for either "open
source" or "free software" anywhere in it.    (03)

Can you elucidate?    (04)