Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Backlinks in Blogspace

Jack Park wrote:    (01)

> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/webservices/2002/05/03/udell.html
>
> "The culture of blogspace is evolving in near-realtime. Last week, a new
> mutation brought backlinks into a more prominent role. At Disenchanted,
> inbound links were automatically reflected outward. Each article grew a
> tail of backlinks that pointed to pages referring back to it. Suddenly a
> new kind of feedback loop was created. With a twist of the lens,
> conversations that had been diffuse and indirect came sharply into
> focus. Almost immediately the meme replicated"    (02)

Seems funny, but unless I'm mistaken the whole idea of blogspace
is what Steve Newcomb, Eliot Kimber and others argue for in the
concepts of Hytime, such as groves and what became topic maps, all
very interrelated. Had HTML not been so impoverished link-wise at
the beginning (or perhaps had XLink came out very soon after XML)
we might have seen these discussions several years ago since the
ideas have been floating around for a long time.    (03)

Murray    (04)

Murray Altheim                  <http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/murray/>
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK    (05)

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu    (06)