Re: [ba-ohs-talk] FOHM--the Fundamental Open Hypertext Model

> What's particularly curious (for me) is the resemblance to topic maps.
It
> strikes me that their "contexts" are a topic map's "scopes", though
topic
> maps don't do "behaviors."  FOHM appears to be association-centric,
while
> topic maps appear to be topic-centric.    (01)

I'd agree with that.    (02)

>From the FOHM description page it looks like most publication on
FOHM stopped around the time HyTime '97 came out.    (03)

But the last DTD published was
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~dem/equator/eqfohm/definitions/fohm19-3-01.d
td    (04)

And Auld Linky seems to be continuing under the Equator workshops (see
below).
http://www.equator.ecs.soton.ac.uk/technology/linky/linkysoftware.shtml
now at v.0.72    (05)

It's the project of David Millard, who is a Research Fellow in the same
Univ. of Southampton
dept. where a postgrad by the name of Graham D. Moore used to spend some
time.
http://www.iam.ecs.soton.ac.uk/
http://www.iam.ecs.soton.ac.uk/people/people_full_list.html    (06)

Dr. Millard's main project seems to be the Equator workshops
http://www.equator.ecs.soton.ac.uk/
http://www.equator.ecs.soton.ac.uk/projects/projects.shtml
where Auld Linky is a project.    (07)

Ask Graham?    (08)

There are some interesting papers here too:
http://www.equator.ecs.soton.ac.uk/papers/papers.shtml
Notably:    (09)

On Hyperstructure and Musical Structure    (010)

Accepted at HT02, Maryland, USA.    (011)

Abstract : In this paper we report on an ongoing investigation into the
relationship between musical structure and hyperstructure, based on a
series of open hypermedia systems research projects that have featured
case studies involving musical content. Drawing on these example
systems, we consider techniques for building hyperstructure from musical
structure and, conversely, building musical structure from
hyperstructure. Additionally we describe an experiment in the
sonification of hyperstructure.
--Submitted in 2002. PDF download (but my browser crashed trying to
download it so I haven't read it yet).    (012)

Great minds think alike (a bit later on)
Ask Steve Newcomb?    (013)

--
Peter    (014)