Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Re: Rethinking Licensing

I don't see the issue. What about the system makes it more
domination-prone than other alternatives? What alternatives
do you suggest?    (01)

Most importantly, if I google "gui toolkit" today, none of the
considerations below necessarily result in MS being the only
alternative I see -- or even the first alternative I see.    (02)

Tell me how the kinds of the user-rated sorted we've discussed
previously on this list would not completely obviate your concerns.    (03)

And finally, there is no one who would begrudge MS total
domination of the market, to the extent that is earned. Certainly
not I. If the functions I need consistently work better, faster, and
more reliability with software they provide, then they are more
than welcome to make a buck on any unit I sell.    (04)

Nor have you addressed the possibility of limiting revenue streams
to a pre-determined percentage of a sales price. Such a move
prevents some "monstor" from owning 99% of the revenues for
anything you write, doesn't it?    (05)

What exactly is the problem?    (06)

Paul Fernhout wrote:    (07)