Re: Fwd: Re: [ba-ohs-talk] :zz: ZigZag patent (short reply) [Was: **** Instant Outlining !!! ***]

Sorry about delay replying.  My reply got too long.      (01)

Jack Park says
>Ted, I think you're in the hotseat to respond to this one publically.  I
>won't have any problems with however you may respond, but, like Murray,
>I'll drop anything to do with zzstructures if the patent is anything but a
>defensive patent to keep gorillas from patenting it.    (02)

The short answer is, I have no idea what's going to be done with the patent,
 because I will probably need to sell it.    (03)

If anyone wants the long answer I'll post it.    (04)

Best, Ted N.    (05)

At 11:11 AM 4/25/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Ted and Marlene,
>Ted, I think you're in the hotseat to respond to this one publically.  I
>won't have any problems with however you may respond, but, like Murray,
>I'll drop anything to do with zzstructures if the patent is anything but a
>defensive patent to keep gorillas from patenting it.
>
>Cheers
>Jack

>>Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:23:56 +0100
>>From: Murray Altheim <m.altheim@open.ac.uk>
>>To: ba-ohs-talk@bootstrap.org
>>Subject: Re: [ba-ohs-talk] :zz: ZigZag patent and trademark  [Was: ****
>>Instant
>>          Outlining !!! ***]
>>Sender: owner-ba-ohs-talk@bootstrap.org
>>
>>That would be the question I was asking as well. I'll avoid
>>further contact with the stuff if so. I can't imagine going
>>to the trouble of patenting something unless one had some
>>notion of benefiting at some point from the patent.
>>
>>I consider the research I'm doing right now to be predominantly
>>influenced by ISO 10744 Hytime and ISO 16250 Topic Maps, and
>>I wouldn't make any references to zzstructures in either my
>>software or Ph.D. if that might end up taking me into a
>>courtroom... a bit shy 'bout these things yuh unnerstan'?
>>
>>Jack Park wrote:
>>
>>>On second thought, does this mean I should either stop playing with
>>>zzstructure code or negotiate some deal to use it?
>>>Jack

>>[...]
>>

>>Murray

>>Murray Altheim                  <http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/murray/>
>>Knowledge Media Institute
>>The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK
>>
>>      In the evening
>>      The rice leaves in the garden
>>      Rustle in the autumn wind
>>      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu

Theodor Holm Nelson      •      Designer      •      Consultant
Founder, Project Xanadu (the original hypertext project), 1960+
Senior Fellow, the McLuhan Institute, Toronto, Canada
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 •  e-mail: ted@xanadu.net,cc:marlene@xanadu.net
 •  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/http://xanadu.com
 • world-wide phone  +1/415/ 331-4422   •  fax +1/415/332-0136
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965