Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Bootstrap and Licensing

James (and everybody else interested in DKR/OHS).    (01)

I have not really followed the licencing discussion, so I hope I am not
off the beam here. But fastening on to what you said about the substance
for an OHS to operate on, Fleabyte is being developed to become a
_dynamic_ knowledge repository to be worked on (i.e. substance brought
closer to the frontiers) by means of an OHS.    (02)

While the OHS is being promoted and developed, there are a number of
challenges facing us that we seek to overcome. One, of course, is
getting appropriate involvement to staff the "frontier outposts."
Another is to develop the contents page into a well-functioning
journaling system. (In the meantime, people are working on making more
accessible the body of Bootstrap discussion material that has been built
up over the years.)    (03)

We hope that Fleabyte will develop into a sort of educational journalism
that takes scattered inputs from the world (raw or to some degree
refined) and gradually refines that into up-to-snuff handbooks. What is
perhaps different here from Doug's vision of handbooks is that the
material does not so much pertain to an organization (corporate,
governmental, or ngo), but to an "open" body that I perceive as a public
interested in furthering the common good - ref. top left of Fleabyte's
home page.    (04)

A challenge for building and operating the relevant DKR is how to define
its boundaries of interest. A challenge for the relevant OHS is how to
select and allow parties - democratically! - to shape the content,
especially where it will be impinged on by ideologies.    (05)

Will it bear fruit? Well, we have our doubters and we have our dream.    (06)

Henry    (07)

James Michael DuPont wrote:    (08)