Re: [ba-ohs-talk] OHS and the futureof journalism (was "Bootstrap and Licensing")

Henry,
You have made some interesting points.
Here are some feedback on your statments.
Please excuse my tendancy to bring everything back to
my pet topics, I hope I dont lose you.
I would write a longer response and handle more
points, but I have to run.
Comments follow.
mike    (01)

> I understand, and here I just jump into an ongoing
> debate with an
> altogether different kind of repository. Ofv on a
> tangent. Not too well
> behaved. But you were gracious enough not to ignore
> what I wrote.
I brought up my bit because I thought it could be
releated as one type of knowledge.
>>http://www.bootstrap.org/colloquium/session_02/session_02-.html
Broken,
http://www.bootstrap.org/colloquium/session_02/session_02.jsp    (02)

> Many feel that all information should be retained;
> others may see that
> as a useless burden.
Ok, that would mean that it should be stored
somewhere, but accessed slower then what is on the
current train of thought. That would be an
archiver/reaper extension to the freenet.    (03)

> may well cull it out. Fleabyte played with a sort of
> informational
> netherworld referred to as dandruff (the "scurf of
> the scalp") to be
> kept for a year before brushing it away. But a
Thats why I brought up the cvs logs, they are lost
information, but great sources for learning about the
code.    (04)

> better solution may be
> found in improving our way of journaling
> information. I.o.w., keep all
> the files (somewhere), but design a mode of finding
> most efficiently
> what is mostoften needed.
like cvs.    (05)

> One kind of frontier that between all human
> knowledge and what lies
> beyond. The other is between what a developing
> individual knows and what
> lies beyond.
Sure, like in a program, the functions names and
signatures and thier contents.
The function name is the id of the frontier the
border, and the implementation is the unknown, the
hidden.
Each module is a new frontier, each application, each
with its residents.    (06)

>Still another - vary vague - is between
> what ordinary,
> "informed" citizens know and what lies beyond.
IE: Some citizens of GCC know more than others.    (07)

> Another important determinant is what companies
> know.
But also any organisation, group or collective...    (08)

> Judgment derives from knowledge gathered in the
> course of our lives. We
> may not have acute knowledge of details, but we
> still judge. We may have
> false perceptions, but we still judge.  Which
> applies to the man in the
> street, to the corporate executive and the
> politician, and to scientists
> fully in touch with the academic community. What is
> happening today is
> not only that good information gets corrupted with
> garbage, but that
> hard data accepted as correct are  increasingly
> overwhelmed by newer
> findings.     (09)

>A scientific paper loses value faster than
> a new car once it
> is driven of the dealer's lot.
Have you seen http://researchindex.com
Great stuff.    (010)

>Clearly, we must
> improve on the human
> state of awareness of what is going on in this
> world.
That is one of the goals of the introspector project.    (011)

>We need media that
> thrive to be accurate and eschew nonsense, and do so
> at a rate of
> informational flow and at a level that can be
> generally understood.
A new medium as well.    (012)

> Those media must be trustworthy; they cannot be
> suspected of being
> influenced by the advertising dollar, or any other
> vested interest.
Like the 4 pages of Microsoft .NET add following the
1/16 page article about the antitrust campain in the
new york times?    (013)

Mike    (014)

=====
James Michael DuPont    (015)