Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Re: Rethinking Licensing

(This post in honor of Jon Awbrey.)    (01)

Murray,    (02)

I'd hate to think that a suggestion of mine caused yet another
valuable participant to slip out of view. I learn something from
you just about every time you post, and that's why I'm
participating: to learn things.    (03)

However, it does seem like something needs to be done, especially
if there is interest in getting Doug to participate. Your post
suggests that the state of the mailing lists is not a major
factor in participation, whereas licensing and process is.    (04)

The process and license suggested by Doug and Mei Lin in other
postings appear to be:    (05)

- OHS, including the preliminary HyperScope, is GPL
- participatory process involves
  - creating ideas on the list as focussed discussion
  - feeding them to Doug and some others on a weekly basis
  - refactoring the ideas based on feedback
  - coding prototypes of the ideas    (06)

Is that a correct or incorrect interpretation? Is that a good or
bad model?    (07)

If that model is followed, is the current list situation okay?    (08)

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Murray Altheim wrote:    (09)

--
Chris Dent  <cdent@burningchrome.com>  http://www.burningchrome.com/~cdent/
"Mediocrities everywhere--now and to come--I absolve you all! Amen!"