Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Hyperscope Launch Plan & The Digital Promise Project: A Digital Gift to the Nation

Grant Bowman wrote:
> * John J. Deneen <jjdeneen@netzero.net> [020529 18:46]:
> > Using part of the proceeds derived from the sale of wireless frequencies
> > in the electromagnetic spectrum to underwrite the development of new
> > content is long overdue and is an idea whose time has certainly come.
> > < http://www.digitalpromise.org/events.asp >
>
> and gone...    (01)

Nice links, thanks John.  Unfortunately I should have been more clear.
It's the sale of spectrum/frequencies who's time has come and gone.  I
agree with you about the collaborative potential of wireless in general
which is why I got my amateur radio license in 1995.  This was
especially nice for me because I was able to get my grandfather's
callsign shortly after I got my license.    (02)

The smart use of SDR (software defined radio) and spread spectrum
emissions of different kinds (including ultra-wideband) could eliminate
the job that the FCC has done for so many years.  I have seen
suggestions of this in many different forums.    (03)

http://www.reed.com/dprframeweb/dprframe.asp?section=openspec    (04)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2002/04/11/sprdspctrm.DTL    (05)

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/siliconvalley/business/columnists/dan_gillmor/3292379.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp    (06)

Take care,    (07)