[ba-ohs-talk] Fascinating Ideas Foster Culture of Knowledge

Peter,    (01)

Thanks for your letter on May 31 (shown below) with information on the
book "The Wealth and Poverty of Nations" by David Landes.  Research
yielded interesting reviews, and I was able to read through chapter
one, available on the internet.      (02)

I greatly enjoy and admire Landes' skills as a writer, historian and
analyst, and appreciate the important task he tackles explaining
factors that impact economic results for nations, regions and peoples,
largely attributed to climate and geography.    (03)

So far there have not been any specific references to the influence of
the Bible nor the development of alphabet technology that touch themes
I have tried to set out in NWO, including the reference cited in your
letter on May 31.     (04)

Can you help on this point?      (05)

What have you seen in Landes' work and reviews of his work that argue
literacy is the driving force of civilization because it augments
innate cognition.  Further, does Landes anywhere suggest the next leap
in civilization might come with transition from information to a
culture of knowledge, in like manner that the advance from orality to
literacy led eventually to an industrial, and, today, an age of
information?    (06)

Thanks for thinking about these ideas.    (07)

Rod    (08)