[ba-ohs-talk] Zoe for email

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zoe    (01)

Zoe just recently announced that it is going open source with the Apple
Public License, which appears to be a BSD license with some patent clauses
added.  They are just now setting up at sourceforge, but real information
and downloads are found here: http://guests.evectors.it/zoe/    (02)

I just booted Zoe. When it is running, it is server that I browse from it's
localhost address. There is basically NO documentation, except a FAQ on the
web and some hints aimed at OS-X users, but which were quite useful on my
wintel box.    (03)

It basically works in concert with your existing email client, in my case,
Eudora.  If you click reply in Zoe, it opens Eudora. It does not appear to
be a standalone email client in itself;  I just forward or cc whatever I
want Zoe to see to that email address and Zoe grabs it.  Zoe then proceeds
to do all sorts of indexing using jakarta.apache.org/lucene, and a bunch of
other stuff, including soundex, etc.  You don't use folders to organize,
you just use search to find whatever you want.  It also includes the google
api and gives you some hot buttons to use google to search for things for
you and return them to Zoe directly.    (04)

What we have here is the beginnings of a pretty powerful DKR support structure.    (05)

Jack    (06)