RE: [ba-ohs-talk] User-centricity and convergence

Note that part of the problem involved the idiotic "look and feel" lawsuits
that made it actively dangerous for a developer to use an interface that was
too similar to another product. Microsoft was a big enough gorilla to make
that go away.    (01)

It is ironic that Microsoft today lags in standards compliance. They still
believe that whatever they do *is* the standard.    (02)

The elevation of "ease of use" to the point where it has teeth and where
usability testing actually happens was indeed innovative.    (03)

> It is here that I hold out "ubiquitous ratings" as the one potential to
give users the "teeth" they need to enforce standards.    (04)

Are there any good studies on rating systems? There are several places that
support comments and reviews (Amazon, epinions, Free Republic), but I
haven't seen anything concerning the impact of such a system on standards
acceptance.    (05)

Thanks,    (06)

Garold (Gary) L. Johnson    (07)