RE: [ba-ohs-talk] Mobile HyperScope?

Teppo:    (01)

Saw your ideas posted on the OHS/DKR mailing list. Your ideas relate to
a software development project that I've been working on. I'm responding
personally rather than to the list because the application is not yet
publicly announced.    (02)

What I've created is an outliner that runs on a server. The first
outline editor I've created is designed for IE/Windows, but other
editors would be possible.    (03)

The outlines are stored in a database on the server, and are secured by
password. Security designed is such that controlled collaboration on
outlines by multiple authors is possible.    (04)

Since the outline content is stored in a database and mapped to HTML,
other mappings are also possible. For example, I have a mapping to OPML,
which is an XML outline storage format designed by Dave Winer at
Userland.    (05)

One of the features I've planned for this project, but have not yet
implemented, is to generate output that would be easily readable on
mobile devices. This might in fact be a collection of different
rendering formats, targeted to different devices. For example, a WML
rendering would be distinct from a "light" HTML rendering that's
formatted for small displays and simple navigation.    (06)

I imagine editing would be limited. It would be limited to the most
likely use cases for mobile users. Perhaps it would only allow a user to
manipulate one record at a time rather than editing an entire document.    (07)

Let me know whether this project seems related to the mobile OHS that
you have in mind. The existing feature set is small, but plans are big
and hands are few. We might be able to seed your project with work I've
started.    (08)

Here's the Alpha web site: http://www.dynamiclsit.com/    (09)

Michael Poremba
San Francisco CA    (010)