[ba-unrev-talk] Re: [unrev-II] Bootstrap Alliance changes; new mailing lists

This is great! Welcome UnRev-III (?) !    (01)

I appreciate my name being mentioned in association with the UnRev-II colloquium, but I was just
one among many who got that program out.    (02)

To set the record straight, the UnRev-II Engelbart Colloquium at Stanford was actually put together
by Doug with the support of more than 50 volunteers and 30 guest speakers. See
http://www.bootstrap.org/alliance/dkr/people.htm & http://www.bootstrap.org/colloquium/credits.html
to appreciate who and what was involved.    (03)

However, if particular names should be mentioned, I think the following must be--    (04)

  Mary Dye, Christina Engelbart, Jeff Rulifson & Pat Rush -- for coming up with the idea in the
first place.
  Pierluigi Zappacosta -- who donated his own money and twisted the arms of his friends to get us
all the funding to do it,
  Marcelo Hoffmann -- who worked out the entire program content with Doug (because if I were the
producer, then Marcelo would have been the director of the act),
  Paul Marca & Julia Harms and folks at Stanford SCPD -- who defied all obstacles to mount this
program at Stanford (and, of course, they *were* the real producers, not me), and
  Mary Coppernoll, Shinya Yamada, Frode Hegland and later Henry van Eyken -- who took care of the
administration, the technology infrastructure and the colloquium website.    (05)

Thank you, Doug, for the inspiration.    (06)

Keep going, BA-CPC!    (07)

-ppy

Eugene Eric Kim wrote Fri, 09 Nov 2001 15:16:20 -0800 (PST):    (09)