Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Re: NAFTA / A New Kind of Science

At 01:20 PM 5/16/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Of course, no American company has the right to do that. But a
>foreign company does, under NAFTA. Talk about signing away
>your sovereignity at the stroke of a pen!!    (01)

I watched a PBS special on this very problem, and one of the law suits was
from an American company (if memory serves) suing a state or county in
Mexico over the rights to use a landfill they had bought (    at which
time, the landfill had been closed), in order to use that site for dumping
toxic waste.  The locals lost the battle.  Go figure...
Jack    (02)