[ba-unrev-talk] Macroscope! An essential OHS module?

To: ba-unrev-talk@bootstrap.org
Subject: Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Macroscope! An essential OHS module?
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 11:28:53 -0700
From: John Sechrest <sechrest@jas.peak.org>    (01)

 This book is an EXCEPTIONAL Book. It made a great deal of
 difference for me in understanding system administration problems.    (02)

 The new version is very interesting.    (03)

 It has been reprinted and updated 4 times.    (04)

John Maloney <jtmalone@pacbell.net> writes:    (05)

 %
 % Jack,
 %
 % Take a look at Diffusion of Innovations. It is the master text for
diffusion
 % scholarship.
 %
 % http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0029266718/theclientserverc/
 %
 % "Diffusion of Innovations, by Everett M. Rogers -  Since the first
edition
 % of this landmark book was published in 1962, Everett Rogers's name
has
 % become "virtually synonymous with the study of diffusion of
innovations,"
 % according to Choice. The second and third editions of Diffusion of
 % Innovations became the standard textbook and reference on diffusion
studies.
 % Now, in the fourth edition, Rogers presents the culmination of more
than
 % thirty years of research that will set a new standard for analysis
and
 % inquiry."
 %
 % When I mention this book, most people think a second, and then say,
"Oh,
 % yeah, I think I read that back in grad school..." or something like
it. It
 % deserves a slot on every bookshelf, with the other five or ten
masterpieces
 % of the KM domain. (I do not take book recommendations lightly.)
Chapter 8 in
 % the 4th edition is particularly relevant to unrev/ohs.
 %
 % Happy reading!
 %
 %
 % Cheers,
 %
 %
 % John
 %
 %
 %
 %
 % John Maloney
 % www.kmcluster.com
 % Email: jtmalone@pacbell.net
 % Tel: 415.902.9676
 % eFax: 415.276.6074
 % IM:jheuristic
 %
 % Create the Future! Join the KM Cluster --
 % http://www.kmcluster.com/register.htm
 %
 %
 %