[ba-unrev-talk] Extending the 3 R's

Part of the unfinished revolution is to use the extra
degrees of freedom of computer-human interfacing to
extend our basic 2-D recording techniques based on our
long use of pen and paper.  My keyboard-mouse
interface
incorporates a pair of 2-D key arrangements derived
from the typewriter and adding machine of a century
ago
plus a 2-D pointing mechanism.  With this I spend a
lot
of time reading images of ink-on-paper in .pdf format.    (01)

Last week I was at a workshop on Finsler Geometry at
which the lecturers either used oral-whiteboard mode
or oral-transparency mode, while spending a fair
amount
of time gesturing and drawing in the air with their
hands to convey the geometrical meaning of what they
were saying. The hand motions won't be in the printed
reports of the meetings.    (02)

Can anyone give me references to good analyses of how
to create a well integrated system of communication
that:    (03)

1) Is fast and flexible, using the many degrees of
   freedom of the hands and limbs (and voice),    (04)

2) Incorporates versions of the dominant current modes
   of recording as special cases to allow economic
   transition to the new system,    (05)

3) Has both reliable logographic and phonetic modes
   of writing that can incorporate and extend our
   contemporary mathematical and alphanumeric symbols,    (06)

4) Allows tagging of points in a higher dimensional
   geometrical space of navigation with writing to
   create a mathematically effective virtual reality,    (07)

5) Is physically arranged to allow effective team
   communication and mobility within complex
   intelligent-machine rich environments, and    (08)

6) Has good consensus-building social features?    (09)

I see that this is possible in the near future,
because computing technology is reaching the point
where the necessary interfacing calculations can be
done in real time.  The more difficult part is
creating a credible business and organizational
model to deal with the costs of switching to the new
system. Part of such a model needs to be an
explanation of how the new system is an effective tool
for allowing people to understand more advanced
mathematics than is in the customary curriculum, and
thus is a good tool for developing the bio-, nano-,
and materials technology of the coming century.    (010)

Another part of the social problem is to overcome the
mythology that the next dominant computer-human
interface will be "invisible" and "easy" to learn.
Cultures embellish their empowering technologies with
games, disciplines and art, so that people are guided
to learning how to use the power inherent in the
technologies.  The next computer-human interface will
be no exception.  It will lead to more collaborative
work and to more specialization. Since it will enhance
both desirable features and undesirable aspects of our
technology culture, a realistic anthropological view
is needed in analyses.    (011)

Since I already understand most of the basic
mathematics, science, and engineering of the problem,
I am particularly looking for concepts of how best to
merge current informational techniques and efforts
into the new system.    (012)

larens imanyuel    (013)