[ba-unrev-talk] The future of open source?

Consider this article
http://www.theregus.com/content/4/25378.html    (01)

In which, the latest Microsoft proposal for turning every desktop into a
secure environment (theoretically speaking, a great idea) might toss open
source software into a an arena where, unless your binaries are "certified"
and you also have, on board, some IC chips required to make things work,
you're basically off line.    (02)

I'm certainly not qualified to evaluate or even understand all of the
arguments made in the article, but, given past experience with Microsoft, I
think this one needs to be understood by all who wish to develop open
source software.    (03)

Jack    (04)