[ba-unrev-talk] Edge:

I just was browsing http://www.edge.org and found this item on the front
page that I thought others would be interested in.  Sounds like
Kurzweil's talking about a DKR at the end there.    (01)

Regards,    (02)

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow@grantbow.com>    (03)

 THE SINGULARITY: A TALK WITH RAY KURZWEIL [3.25.02]
 <http://www.edge.org/images/kurzweil150.jpg>    (04)

 <http://www.edge.org/images/cameras02.gif>    (05)

 Ray Kurzweil: EdgeVideo (8:37 min.)
 DSL+ | Modem
 Requires Real Player plug-in (Free Download)    (06)

 We are entering a new era. I call it "the Singularity." It's a merger
 between human intelligence and machine intelligence that is going to
 create something bigger than itself. It's the cutting edge of evolution
 on our planet. One can make a strong case that it's actually the
 cutting edge of the evolution of intelligence in general, because
 there's no indication that it's occurred anywhere else. To me that is
 what human civilization is all about. It is part of our destiny and
 part of the destiny of evolution to continue to progress ever faster,
 and to grow the power of intelligence exponentially.To contemplate
 stopping that -- to think human beings are fine the way they are -- is
 a misplaced fond remembrance of what human beings used to be. What
 human beings are is a species that has undergone a cultural and
 technological evolution, and it's the nature of evolution that it
 accelerates, and that its powers grow exponentially, and that's what
 we're talking about. The next stage of this will be to amplify our own
 intellectual powers with the results of our technology.    (07)