RE: [ba-unrev-talk] Fw: Announcing: The Computer Science Preprint Server

OK, they are getting there. The materials I found (especially by using the
rankings of readers) were *all* in neuroscience, with just a smattering of
anything else, and computation theory even had a neuroscience article.    (01)

However, the categories look just fine, once I found them.  This site is an
effort of Elsevier Science, according to the privacy statement, disclaimer,
and "About Us..." page.  Elsevier Science does not consider posting to CSPS
as "prior publication" or publication in the way that they consider
important -- peer-reviwed, recognized journal publication.  And there is no
transfer of rights.    (02)

I think arXiv does a good job here too, and is already well-established.  We
will see how it all fits together.    (03)

When CSPS has completed what it needs to do for access under the Open
Archive Initiative, I think it won't matter.  As I said, the topic
categories look promising:    (04)

Artificial Intelligence
Automated Reasoning
Cognitive Science
Computational Intelligence (General)
Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
Computer-Human Interaction
Decision Support Systems
Evolutionary Computation, Genetic Algorithms / Programming
Expert Systems
Fuzzy Logic
Fuzzy Sets
Heuristic methods
Intelligent agents
Knowledge Representation
Knowledge-Based Systems
Learning and Adaptive Systems
Machine Learning
Multi Agent systems
Natural Language and Computational Linguistics
Natural Language Understanding and Generation
Neural Networks
Planning and Scheduling
Robotics and Autonomous Systems
Softcomputing    (05)

DNA Computing
Evolutionary Computing
Genetic Programming
Neural Networks    (06)

Administrative Data Processing
Arts and Humanities
CAD,CAM,CAE
Computer Applications (General)
Life and Medical Sciences
Physical Sciences and Engineering
Social and Behavioral Sciences    (07)

Computer Communication Networks
Computer System Implementation
Computer Systems Organization (General)
Performance of Systems
Processor Architectures
Special-Purpose and Application-Based Systems
Standardization and Verification    (08)

Image Processing    (09)

Computer Graphics
Computing Methodologies (General)
Document and Text Processing
Simulation and Modeling
Symbolic and Algebraic Manipulation    (010)

Computing Milieux (General)    (011)

Coding and Information Theory
Data (General)
Data Encryption
Data Storage Representations
Data Structures    (012)

Database Management
Information Interfaces and Presentation
Information Storage and Retrieval
Information Systems (General)
Information Systems Applications
Models and Principles    (013)

Arithmetic and Logic Structures
Control Structures and Microprogramming
Hardware (General)
Input/Output and Data Communications
Integrated Circuits
Logic Design
Memory Structures
Performance and Reliability
Register-Transfer-Level Implementation    (014)

Operating Systems
Programming Languages
Programming Techniques
Software (General)
Software Engineering    (015)

Analysis of Algorithms and Problem Complexity
Computation by Abstract Devices
Logics and Meanings of Programs
Mathematical Logic and Formal Languages
Quantum Computing
Theory of Computation (General)    (016)