RE: [ba-unrev-talk] Ontologies and Software Architecture

Hear Hear.    (01)

Dennis - I resonate greatly with your post below. So much so, it has
tempted me to post a "why I'm working with Doug" message.    (02)

One of the things I am learning as I continue working with Doug is that
he seems to an infallible instinct for not falling into the traps of
trying to build world-defining artifacts. I observe him trying to guide
us to build artifacts that help us further our definition of the world,
and hence our ability and understanding of how to live in it, and with
our fellow human beings, with greater grace than we do today.    (03)

Since I met him in June 1999, I have resonated deeply with Doug's
thinking because to me, he has always seemed to put artifacts (&
technologies) in second place to humans. He has helped me realize we
should design Artifacts that support Humans to do a better job of
sorting out ideas, values and purpose. Then we have the further hard
work of extending those artifacts to allowing humans an improved
capability to steer by the common values and purposes that emerge as
dominant.    (04)

Mei Lin    (05)