RE: [ba-unrev-talk] NYTimes.com Article: An Uncertain Trumpet

Dear all,    (01)

I'm happy to say that John and I managed to find some common ground
'behind the scenes'. Perhaps an example for our world leaders? :-)    (02)

Let me briefly explain how I see the topic of this thread fit in with
the scope of this list.    (03)

I think the US joining vs. withdrawing from the international scene
discussion-wise is an excellent case of open vs. closed systems,
improving/evolving vs. destroying the system, rational vs. power-based
discourse, etc. We might learn something here for the kind of organic,
healthy socio-technical systems development that Doug proposes.    (04)

Regards,    (05)

Aldo    (06)

  ---///     e-mail: ademoor@uvt.nl
IN|F/OLAB    phone +31-13-4662914/3020, fax +31-13-4663069
  |///       home page: http://infolab.uvt.nl/people/ademoor    (07)

Dr. Aldo de Moor
Infolab, Dept. of Information Systems and Management - Tilburg University
PO Box 90153, 5000 LE Tilburg, The Netherlands