Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Instant Ontologies: The Strength of Weak Links

Thanks, Henry.    (01)

The next move is a research project:
   * Come up to speed on the state of the art in network theory.
      while at the same time beginning construction.
   * Use a google-style web crawler, since it is already doing
      enough parsing to identify links.
   * Then modify the parser to find lists that match the pattern,
      and put together a list of words to ignore in the headings.
   * Finally, put a human in the loop. Human reviews results and
      says "good" or "no good", modifying the pattern in the process.
      (Interestingly, a human could by such votes program a neural-net
       machine which would become increasingly good at recognizing
       useful patterns -- although we would never have a clue as to
       what it was doing.)    (02)

Whether or not anything useful would come of it is hard to say.
Whether it would duplicate Cyc, complement Cyc, use Cyc to
help construct it's ontology, or go way beyond Cyc, is another
matter that would have to be determined by experience.    (03)

Regardless of its success or failure, it would definitely make an
interesting paper.    (04)

Henry K van Eyken wrote:    (05)