RE: [ba-unrev-talk] Fwd: [issues] News from Johannesburg (2)

Chris,    (01)

Thanks for your message.     (02)

I was quite surprised to your reaction to dissent. Is dissent un-unrev?
I know dissent is not un-American.    (03)

BTW, are you a statist? An apparatchik?     (04)

Look, meta-govt, bureaucracies and empire squashes innovation,
collaboration, community, computing and communications. It is not worth
the keystrokes to explain...    (05)

According to Marshall McLuhan, for yet another example, decentralism is
essential to electronic technology just as centralism was critical for
mechanical technology specialization and military industrialization.      (06)

It can't be made any simpler. The electric world could be "open, dynamic
and interdependent" unless you close it down with rigid, mechanistic,
self-serving economic bureaucracies like the EU, NAFTA, WTO and the
rest. Their bogus charter and mission will not serve the 21st century.      (07)

At the time, Napoleon's empire and idea of a 'continental system' was
already a disaster costing millions of lives. Its vulture roost is now
Brussels. It will prove a lot harder, costly and more painful to
dismantle that it was to create.     (08)

Quiet frankly, the electronic 'unrev' society is more akin to an
agrarian society and has little requirement to be served by phony,
corrupt and unelected supra-govt.    (09)

It's back to the future, baby.    (010)

The arrogant UN is the biggest offender of them all because of its
tendency of deep centralization, elitism, numbing bureaucracy,
counterfeit 'global views' and profound indifference to the body
politic. Like every rising empire, they strive to engineer the
individual out of the equation.    (011)

Have a look at "War and Peace in the Global Village," by Professor
McLuhan, and Max H. Boisot's "Knowledge Assets," for more background.     (012)

-jtm     (013)