Re: [ba-unrev-talk] First S.F. Chronicle article on trans fats

On Monday 23 September 2002 20:07, Gary Richmond wrote:    (01)

> Still, I agree with you that a free press are our best hope of yet
> retaining anything of what might be left of democracy in this country.    (02)

Certainly use of the Internet/Usenet/Web by "the average man" in the streets
play an increasingly important role (talk about preaching to the choir ;) All
the more important that we remain vigilant and fight any effort to limit its
use.    (03)

On a somewhat related note, I am anxious to read Howard Rheingold's
forthcoming tome: "Smart Mobs", http://www.smartmobs.com/book/index.html    (04)

From the summary: "Media cartels and government agencies are seeking to
reimpose the regime of the broadcast era in which the customers of technology
will be deprived of the power to create and left only with the power to
consume."    (05)

Matthew A. Schneider    (06)