[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] Indexes: Main | Date | Thread | Author

[ba-unrev-talk] "She goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy."

Title: Message
Greetings -

Allow me to tap this thread.

First, in the grand scheme of things, an attack to unseat Iraq's leadership, is wrong, foolish and inevitable.

In my judgment, what's driving this is four-fold, as follows -

1.) Iraq harbors a flourishing and legitimate middle-class. It is profoundly necessary for Middle East stability. However, 1 in 5 are in exile. 2 out of 3 have lost family members. They're very pissed.

2.) 500K Iraqi infants, children and aged have perished in the last 9 years, due to the criminal U.N. sanctions, inaction and the flaccid 'global community.'

3.) Oil. This scenario, a crackpot overlooking G8 heroin, is the staple of every War College simulation known to man.

4.) The U.N., IMF, WTO, GATT, NAFTA, and other planks oft the NWO. Cries of USA unilateralism are really stupid. If the USA was blessedly unilateral, she would NOT be in this mess in the first place. Empire never works, as history has painfully shown over and over and over (sic) again.

The table is set, and the wine is poured.  The forthcoming action will hardly be a 'war.' Sadly, it'll be over before you can say Theodore 'Teddy' Roosevelt. Thank you very much.

All the arrogant globalists in Geneva and on 1st Avenue have been served a bitter pill, and it is high time to wise up, accept the ugly consequences, and begin to reform and retire their sickening 'we-are-the-world' bureaucracies.

Quite frankly, the world is not mature enough to lead itself.

-jtm

P.S. -- In 1821, when the Greeks were fighting the Ottoman Turks in their own war for independence, the USA's finest Secretary of State, John Quincy Adams wrote,

“Wherever the standard of freedom shall be unfurled, there will America’s heart, her benedictions, and her prayers be.  But she goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy.” 

This holds. Big Time.

What the goofy opponents miscast as isolationism (?) is the last line of defense between America’s superpower status and the fate of empires past. Please.

Get with it!

Ciao.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ba-unrev-talk@bootstrap.org [mailto:owner-ba-unrev-talk@bootstrap.org] On Behalf Of Henry K van Eyken
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2002 2:48 PM
To: ba-unrev-talk@bootstrap.org
Subject: Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Not In Our Name

Gary and Dennis.

I don't believe we are really at odds about the Hussain/Iraq issue other than, perhaps, in some details. And if we ae at odds about those then it is most likely so because of our different sources of information and differing personal experiences. So, all in all, any differences are mostly a matter of insufficient availability of shared, verifiable facts.

I believe that, on this forum, we'd do well to address that latter weakness in citizens' private and public debates. How can we design and use digital technology to overcome that weakness, and also how can we arrive at better, more efficient decision-making processes?

Doug's dream is to come up with ways in which a group of people with different talents can work and evolve together to solve complex problems in as short an order as possible. That is what his OHS/Hyperscope ideas are about. From my own side, I believe that we ought be actively engaged in arriving at better ways for individual citizens to arrive at more reliable assessments on which to base our atitude and conduct in the democratic process.

These would be good things to concentrate on because once the Hussain crisis is no longer front and center in our preoccupations, there will be other crises - well, there already are, and plenty of them. And with the kind of openmindedness and talent on this forum and the resources available to us, we should be in as good a position as any group to make some modest headway toward designing urgently needed tools.

Henry 

.us/