Re: Facts - an attempted definition WAS: Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Not In Our Name

Henry K van Eyken wrote:    (01)

> Garold, Peter.
>
> In a way (these ideas) would extend Plato into our time of abundant
> information and, yet, for a single person no way of absorbing it....
>
> We need very much rely on honest professionalism. This would permit
> replacing judgment about individual issues by a judgement on the
> integrity of experts. In my Java class they would call this encapsulation.    (02)

Another oustandingly astute observation. Reliance on expert advice
-- in effect, appeal to authority -- is *precisely* isomorphic to
encapsulation. It amazes me that I never saw the parallel before!    (03)