RE: [ba-unrev-talk] Seemap Visual Language System for modeling business (and maybe other) forms of complexity.

With respect to simulation engines, take a look at the open source (Java,
BSD) simulation engine RePast http://repast.sourceforge.net/    (01)

Jack    (02)

At 02:52 PM 10/15/2002 -0700, Eric Sommer wrote:    (03)

>HI John,
>
>I thought some of the underlying assumptions - simple iconic similarity to
>realworld entities- for the seemap program were of interest. However, I
>must admit I may have been a victem of my own enthusiasm - I didn't really
>check it out.  So thanks for the more sober assessment below, and I'll
>have a look at your links.
>
>Best, Eric
>
>  John Maloney <jtmalone@pacbell.net> wrote:
>Eric -
>
>Thanks for the message.
>
>I had a look at the Seemap software. It was not very compelling.
>
>I am an avid practioners in the use of simulation for KM, persuasion and
>change.
>
>Here is page for some background.
>
><http://www.kmcluster.com/Articles/simulation_and_knowledge_managem.htm>http://www.kmcluster.com/Articles/simulation_and_knowledge_managem.htm
>

>My personal favorite, recommendation and tool I've been using for more
>than a decade is Stella/iThink.
>
><http://www.hps-inc.com/>http://www.hps-inc.com/
>
>For pure cognitive mapping, my preferred tool is MindJet --
>
><http://www.mindjet.com/index.shtml>http://www.mindjet.com/index.shtml
>
>-jtm

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.    (05)

http://www.nexist.org/wiki/User0Blog    (06)