Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Continuation of Doug's Colloquium

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 12:14 AM, Henry K van Eyken wrote:
> This message is a kind of last-ditch attempt by putting the problem of
> continuing all aspects (technical, psychological, social) of Doug's
> "unfinished revolution" before the members of this forum.    (01)

I'm speaking as a potential developer here. I'm interested in this area
of research and have stopped working in Defence and moved to a
University environment so I have the time to develop and release
software along these lines.    (02)

As a developer, Bootstrap doesn't provide any real toehold on what
needs to be done. When I read through the available documentation, I
see lots of talk about purple numbers, but I don't see any design
documents, any project planning, any specifications for first cut
programs or anything that a programmer could use to get started. In
other words, it's a typical academic project which has wishlists and
theory but is short on the practicalities.    (03)

Unfortunately, I have my own opinions and ideas therefore I don't
really see where I can work with Bootstrap. I understand that Doug has
spent years thinking about his ideas and just wants to see them
implemented without debating points this way or that way. This is
understandable, but it's not my kind of environment.    (04)

I basically hang around here because we're interested in the same kinds
of things and I get some very interesting links out of the posts made
here.    (05)

--
   spwhite@chariot.net.au    (06)