Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Continuation of Doug's Colloquium

(sorry for not replying properly - i don't have the previous post in any
mailbox, just the web archive, so this wont have the correct in-reply-to
pointer which might break threading. i just subscribed to the list)    (01)

# From: stephen white <spwhite@chariot.net.au>
On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 02:48 PM, Chris Dent wrote:
>>   http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~rawlins/symphony/symphony.html
> developing there (pity I don't like Java!), or at least set up a    (02)

the ideas from both of you seem interesting. the sidenote about Java
(also the strong emphasis of it in Symphony) caught my eye:    (03)

1. why is Symphony "targeted solely at java developers"?
i don't (need to :) ask why Stephen dislikes it, but do wonder:    (04)

2. what do you like, then? if you don't dislike Python, for example, you
probably know that jython can be used to interface with Java quite nicely.    (05)

besides interesting, i find the ideas implementable and would like to work
on, or at least test if someone else implements, them.    (06)

sincirely,
~Toni    (07)