Re: [unrev-II] Towards a DKR

From: Jack Park (jackpark@verticalnet.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 11:04:17 PST

From: "Jack Park" <jackpark@verticalnet.com>

> From: "Eric Armstrong" <eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com>
<snippage/>
> Needless to say, it is important to be able to remove superfluous
> information from a knowledge repository.
<massive snippage/>

To which I inquire: how shall that be done?
Eric's comment is bound to raise the libertarian hackels on some folks.
Indeed, Jon Katz is raising them over at slashdot.org on the subject of
flaming and so forth.

I have a whole rant about Glass Bead Games and the like. It would make an
awfully longish reply here, but I will offer it if there is interest in the
topic. Briefly, as I understand Hesse's GBG, there is this BeadMaster,
perhaps an "owner" of a game. If one considers this thread (or this email
list) a GBG, then there should be a BeadMaster. There is none. I am
wondering if we may need one because the debate that will ensue over what
gets in or stays out of a DKR could easily (IMHO) drag on for the rest of
this millenium.

Just my $.02
Jack Park

Independent contractors: Find your next project gig through JobSwarm!
        You can even make money by referring friends.