[unrev-II] Windows Media Player working poorly on MacOS 9

From: Ken G. Brown (kbrown@tnc.com)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 10:59:58 PST

From: "Ken G. Brown" <kbrown@tnc.com>

Has anyone found how to get Windows Media Player to work reliably on
Mac? I'm using the latest v6.3 on Mac 7600/132/MacOS 9.0 and have
tried most everything I can think of.

Problems:
It starts up ok, runs for 10 mins or so, then stops for no apparent
reason. Once stopped it will not restart, just enters a pause forever
state when I click play. If I then click stop, it sometimes goes back
to the beginning. Play sometimes works at that point but starts over
again. Sliding the slider back to the previous location sometimes
works. Other times it completely locks the system and I have to
reboot. As well, starting over is not reliable either, the connection
often does not reestablish and I have to quit WMP and restart it from
the browser.

All in all, it takes twice or more what it should to listen to it all.

It seems to me that Quicktime might result in a better user experience.
    Ken

Independent contractors: Find your next project gig through JobSwarm!
        You can even make money by referring friends.